Featured post

3-Week Southeast Asian Trip Itinerary!

Viceroy Bali, The #1 Resort in the World I love to travel! I really do! So, for 3 weeks I traveled to Bali (Indonesia), Kuala Lumpur &...

Sunday 12 October 2014

"Langkawi Island", The Next Big Travel Destination in Asia!!!



Pantai Cenang Beach, Langkawi 


Langkawi Island, Malaysiaofficially known as Langkawi the Jewel of Kedah, is an archipelago of 104 islands in the Andaman Sea, some 30 km off the mainland coast of northwestern Malaysia. And, among all numerous great travel destinations in Langkawi Island...it is the famous "Pantai Cenang beach", the three famous island destinations "Beras Basah", "Singa Besar" and "Dayang Bunting" and the nice "Seven Wells Waterfalls", I explored the Langkawi Island. And, it was the Temple Tree Resort at Bon Ton Resort, a 10-minute drive from the airport where I stayed for 3 days 2 nights.


As I arrived, the staff from Temple Tree at Bon Ton Resort warmly welcomed me and offered me a very refreshing drink, "Pineapple mint tea", which is one of the best-welcome drinks in a hotel and resorts I tasted.


Temple Tree Reception House

This reception house originally called "Bahagia" was from York Road in Penang. Built-in the s by a Eurasian family, it was then sold to a Malay family in the 1960s. It resembles an old colonial building with verandahs and beautiful carvings on the high end of the walls to let the airflow through. It now houses resort reception, restaurant, bar, library, and pool table. The wide verandahs are perfect for reading a book or having a late lunch. The servants' quarters at the back have been converted into the restaurant kitchen.

Welcome Drink
(Pineapple mint tea)


Temple Tree at Bon Ton Resort has a lot of different rooms to offer. From Colonial House, Black & White House. Chinese House, Penang House, Estate House, Plantation House to Estate House depending on which theme of the room you want to stay. 

Colonial House 2, http://www.templetree.com.my/colonial-house-2/ I stayed for the first night. Its S$400.00/per night comes with vintage furniture, a lovely bed, and bathroom with an outdoor wooden bath tub.  This very large, stately house came from Georgetown, Penang. Built by Arabs in the '20s who were goldsmith traders. This house has a western-style that shows the architectural touches such as the cornices, floor tiles, and fish scale design canopy over the porch.




Colonial House Room 2
Colonial House Room 2
Colonial House Room 2
Colonial House Room 2


At night, I had a fantastic and amazing dinner in Bon Ton Resort http://www.bontonresort.com.my/, just a 3-min walk from Temple Tree. Bon Ton Resort, built within the grounds of a 100-year-old coconut plantation, the villas are centered around a pool/jacuzzi and front onto a lotus lagoon. Exclusive and private 100-year-old villas, all individually designed.

Bon Ton Resort
Starter Course (Guava with Lobster)
Dinner Course
(Mixed Grill - Creamy Chicken Tikka, Lamb Skewered Sosaties & Beef Kofta w. Yellow Rice & Spinach w. Herb Yoghurt)


Dessert

(Sticky Rice with milk, Coconut Ice Cream, Palm sugar creme caramel with slices of mango and banana)

 Port going to Islands







 Singa Besar Island

  
My tour members



On our way to Dayang Bunting Island

 Dayang Bunting Island




After 4.5 hours of travel time spent on this tour, I headed back to my resort, Temple Tree. On my second night, I stayed at one of the classics, eccentric, and my most favorite rooms  "Chinese House 2" http://www.templetree.com.my/chinese-house-2/.  This house is a S$600/per night that comes with the entire floor with a living room, dressing room, library, huge bathroom with separate shower and indoor wooden bathtub, and huge nicely decorated bed with verandah.

This Chinese House in Temple Tree, viewed from the 11ft. pool, this house is magnificent. Built by a Chinese family in Batu Pahat, Johor and located close to Singapore, this house has been relocated from the furthest distance. This was originally a farmhouse and built approximately 100 years ago.

The Chinese House



 


In the afternoon, I spent my time in Pantai Cenang Beach, just only 5-min drive from my resort Temple Tree. Walking around this beach is one of the things I did enjoy on this journey, as I see a lot of people having a good time being solo or with others. And, here are my favorite photos I took.





On my last day in Langkawi, I explored the "Seven Wells Waterfalls". From Temple Tree Resort, it's only 10-15mins. drive and after 300 steps, we finally made to the top of the mountain and seen the waterfalls. One of the coldest and refreshing water forests or waterfalls I've swum into and it's really worth a visit.


The lovely couple together with me on this trip!

 300 steps to reach the Seven Wells Waterfalls 


After an hour of enjoying the Seven Wells Waterfalls, we headed back to our resort then I relaxed for 3 more hours in the Chinese House before I finally headed back to the airport to catch a flight to Singapore. 

For 3 days & 2 nights I spent in Langkawi Island, Malaysia, I really fell in love with it. And, also my stay in Temple Tree Resort in two different rooms at Colonial House and Chinese House was absolutely one of the best and most memorable stays in my travel journey in Langkawi Island, Malaysia! This island is such a beautiful place to explore for travelers who want to have an island hopping to a great adventure of hiking to have a relaxing weekend getaway from very busy, hectic, and tiring work.


You might also like!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been visited Beras Basah Island few months ago before my hearst castle tours with my wife. This beautiful island is located in the western tip of Langkawi. It is one of the most visited and awesome islands of this region. This island offers a wide range of enjoyable activities to its visitors due to its pristine beaches and lush green forest. This spot has not too much crowed and an ideal place to get rid form noise and relaxation.

Bali Driver said...

Nice post and great information
thank you very much for sharing
Bali Driver

CK Tan said...

Photos are well taken. May I know what camera model are you using?

Thanks for your sharing on Langkawi.

Tonkin-Travel Vietnam said...

I’m so excited about my upcoming trip ion Langkawi in September. I will combine it with Koh Lipe in Thailand to have 1-week vacation. Thanks so much for the great post!

Jacob Erric said...

Langkawi Island, Malaysia, officially known as the Jewel of Kedah, is an archipelago of 104 islands in the Andaman Sea, some 30 km off the mainland coast of northwestern Malaysia. Langkawi boasts many luxury five star hotels with private beaches and gardens, but there is something for everyone’s budget with clean and inviting backpacker accommodation still very popular. The island is just waiting to be explored and is best done by renting your own transport and traveling along the lush jungle roads and to the lesser known hidden beaches. Look at the most popular destinations on the island to help you decide where to stay in Langkawi

1. Pantai Cenang
2. Pantai Kok
3. Teluk Datai
4. Tanjung Rhu
5. Pantai Tengah
6. Padang Matsirat

Indrianishvi said...

It's been a pleasure your vacation in Langkawi. Lots of very amazing experiences there. Thank you for sharing your vacation experience and knowledge about holidays. latalianavillas.com