Featured post

3-Week Southeast Asian Trip Itinerary!

Viceroy Bali, The #1 Resort in the World I love to travel! I really do! So, for 3 weeks I traveled to Bali (Indonesia), Kuala Lumpur &...

Saturday 8 February 2014

"Weekend Getaway in Kuala Lumpur"


Kuala Lumpur, the most visited or top destination in Malaysia as per Tripadvisor.com. As I traveled to this busy city beginning in 2010 for four times already but wasn't able to explore and only became my layover for some of my trips to other countries. There's only one thing that goes to my mind when I planned to do this trip, to see the Batu Caves and Petronas Twin Towers. It was during the Chinese New Year break last week of January 2014 when I decided to have only a weekend getaway to Kuala Lumpur and also do travel photography.  Kuala Lumpur is just only 45 mins. away by flight from Singapore and by bus, 4-5 hrs. depending on the traffic and immigration process.

However, I decided to fly to Kuala Lumpur and exactly after 45mins. I arrived in Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). From KLIA, I took the Air Asia Skybus which only cost me RM10 and 45 mins. travel time to reach the Kuala Lumpur Sentral.


Batu Caves 
 

I stayed in the deluxe room at Grand Seasons Hotel http://www.grandseasons.com/, once the highest building in Kuala Lumpur. The room were in the 27th floor facing the Petronas Twin Towers, have two queen size bed, shower room with bath tub and free wi-fi. 


View from Grand Seasons Hotel


Early in the morning around 7am, I went to Petronas Twin Towers together with my friend. From my hotel (Grand Seasons), I took the Monorail Train from Chow Kit to KLCC which is 30-40 mins. travel time.


Petronas Twin Towers



at Petronas Twin Towers



After Petronas Twin Towers, I decided to go to Batu Caves.  From KLCC, I alight to KL Sentral Station then took the KTM Komuter which directly stops at Batu Caves, about 30mins from KL Sentral.  Batu Caves is a must-see place when you visit Kuala Lumpur.  Batu Caves is a limestone hill that has a series of caves and cave temples in the Gombal district, 13 kilometres (8 mi) north of Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. It takes its name from the Sungai Batu or Batu River, which flows past the hill. Batu Caves is also the name of the nearby village  and a 272 steps to reach the cave. 


272 steps to reach the cave







at Batu Caves


At night, I explored the local food destination in Kuala Lumpur "Jalan Alor Street" in Bukit Bintang.  This street is full with best local foods. In fact, we stayed here till midnight from 8pm just trying every local food and it was actually our local taxi driver who recommended this to us to visit.


Jalan Alor Street


A lot of people!




Shrimp with Salted Egg (MYR33)

All in all, I had a great time spending and exploring a weekend in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. A must-visit in Malaysia especially if you are looking for a short getaway from Singapore and definitely will come back again. 

7 comments:

Ajay Jain said...

I found this informative and interesting blog i think its very useful and knowledge able.I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

langakavi tour packages for india

Unknown said...

Vinabelle Hermoso! Absolutely Kuala Lumpur is one of the most beautiful destinations in Malaysia. I have visited this stunning Malaysian city last year with my office colleagues and used to visit some amazing attractions there. My attraction in this city is The Kuala Lumpur Bird Park because good selection of birds and I love birds. Next I am going to yellowstone bus tours and want to know is there any such kind of Bird Park in Yellowstone? I need suggestion about the affordable family resort too. Vinabelle Hermoso! Can you solve my problem?

Unknown said...

It’s nice report to travel Kuala Lumpur and you have mentioned exact time to approach there. It’s true that Kuala Lumpur id such a nice place for sight-seeing. I’m also planning to visit there with one of my client after completing niagara trips. Hope we’ll visit Islamic Arts Museum, your favorite Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, KLCC - Bukit Bintang Walkway and Putrajaya Bridge.

VinaTraveler said...

Hi David Paul,

I'm based in Singapore, and I believe that you are referring to Yellowstone Tour in Los Angeles?
To go with the family and enjoy your travel, actually you can do your own itinerary. When I visit country, I must sure that I do research, read a lot about the place where I'm going and plan ahead my trip.

Cheers!!!
Vinabelle

VinaTraveler said...

Hi Juliana Juan,

Thanks for the compliment on my blog. Yes, I have to be specific and share also the exact timing to travel too. Hope you can visit Kuala Lumpur too soonest :))

Cheers
Vinabelle

VinaTraveler said...

Hi Ajay,

Happy to know that you like my BLOG. Cheers!!!!

Vinabelle

Bali Driver said...

Nice post and great information
thank you very much for sharing
Bali Driver