Featured post

3-Week Southeast Asian Trip Itinerary!

Viceroy Bali, The #1 Resort in the World I love to travel! I really do! So, for 3 weeks I traveled to Bali (Indonesia), Kuala Lumpur &...

Sunday 10 March 2013

My Amazing 10-Day Solo Asian Trip Journey!!!

Bali Indonesia


I have always been in love with and fascinated by traveling. So, I started the year 2013 with a 10-Day Solo Asian Trip Journey! On this trip, from Singapore...I traveled Solo to Jakarta - Bali (Indonesia) - Bangkok - Phuket - Ko Phi Phi Island Krabi (Thailand) - Phnom Penh (Cambodia) to do Travel Photography! Since I just bought an Olympus EPL Camera and realized how I am very much interested in how to learn Travel Photography!

Day 1-4 (Jakarta to Bali Indonesia)
On day 1, I flew to Jakarta Indonesia from Singapore. It took me an hour to reach Jakarta Airport from Singapore. Jakarta International Airport Terminal 3 is a new and modern airport. 

Jakarta International Airport Terminal 3

After 1 hour and 45 mins. flight journey on the same day, I reached Bali from Jakarta. (P.S. I did a half-day tour in Jakarta to meet a friend however, not advisable to do it as the traffic in Jakarta made me almost didn't catch my flight).  



In Bali, I stayed at Echoland Bed & Breakfast in Echo Beach, Canggu where it is almost an hour's travel journey from the airport. They have a plunge pool, clean room, and an outdoor shower bathroom that only cost USD$50 per room per night where I stayed for 4 days 3 nights.



 Echoland Bed and Breakfast


A lot of good photos I captured here and echo beach in Canggu is a very good location to do Sunset Photography. And, of course, a must-visit if you love to do surfing!










On Day 3, I spent the whole day on the Febris Bali Tour. I knew about Febris Tour on TripAdvisor.com that for only US$42, they can bring you to 10 main tourist attractions in Bali.   Here are the places I visited

10 Main Tourist Attractions in Bali 


1. Tophati Village or Batik Hand Weaving
Women are doing hand scarves, clothes, and bags. They open this village for tourists to see and buy their own hand made products. Prices range from USD$10 for souvenirs up to the most expensive USD$50-100 each scarf and clothes.







2. Celuk Village or Gold & Silver Smith 
Women and men are doing all kinds of jewelry from silver to gold in this village. Prices range from simple earrings to bracelet can cost USD$30 and above. But, since, they are known for the good quality of jewelry, it is still a good buy.








3. Batuan Village (Local House Painting)
Batuan Village made me seen all kinds of beautiful and amazing paintings. They have hundreds of paintings you could choose from and all hands fully drawn by them.



4. Tegenungan Waterfalls
This waterfall is a must-see in Bali. It was very hot during the time I visited so, make sure you bring sunglasses or sun protection.




5. Kintamani or Lunch with Volcano view 
The buffet lunch is around USD$9 and the volcanic view from the restaurant makes it special.


















6. Mas Village or House of Wood Carving
This village offers you a lot of man-made house wood handicrafts and wood furniture.


















7. Tanah Lot Temple
Never leave Bali without seeing Tanah Lot Temple. This temple is one of the main attractions in Bali and it has an amazing view, it's 30 to 40 mins. walk from the entrance to the temple.














8. Tegalalang or Rice Terraces
Rice Terraces has a spectacular view. However, do not forget to bring your sunglasses as when the time we came here, it was very hot and we were not able to tolerate to stay longer.





9. House of Coffee
This village offered me to taste five different hot drinks from tea to coffee. My favorite was Hot Lemon Tea as it tastes so fresh and has some honey on it.













10. Monkey Forest in Ubud

Among the 10 main tourist attractions, this is my favorite. Ubud brings you to a different place where it's so green, quiet, and close to nature.




Here are my photos were taken in Bali Indonesia.
Tanah Lot Bali


at Monkey Forest Bali

Day 4-6 
Phuket Thailand and Ko Phi Phi Island

Phen's Restaurant


Phuket Thailand has always been one of my Top favorite beach destinations. In fact, the first time I came here was in Feb 2009 where I stayed at Naithonburi Beach Resort.  But this time, I decided to stay in Naiyang Beach.

Naiyang Beach is just a 5-10 minute drive from the airport. Here, it was the Nai Yang Beach Resort that only cost USD$50 per room per night I stayed for 3 days 2 nights. In Naiyang beach called Phen's Restaurant, you can get a 10% discount off when you stay at Pensiri Guesthouse.


































Ko Phi Phi Island
Ko Phi Phi Island is the movie shoot location of Leonardo DiCaprio's 2000 hit movie "The Beach". I took this one whole day tour in JustGoPhuket Travel Tours for USD$95.

Loh Samah Bay

The Maya Bay Island

Khai Nok Island




Ko Phi Phi Don Island















The Bamboo Island

Day 6-8 (Bangkok Thailand) 


Bangkok is such a big city with lots of cultural heritage and places you could visit and explore to and it's only an hour and 30 mins flight from Phuket. During my visit to Bangkok, I stayed at iResidence Hotel in Silom Street that only cost USD$50 per room per night for 3 days 2 nights only.


Crocodile in Chao Phraya River

Wat Kanlayanamit in Chao Phraya River



Wat Rakhang

After 15 mins. of an interesting boat ride, I arrived at Grand Palace and Great Giant Buddha.  Grand Palace has an entrance fee of USD$14 and it will take you 2-3 hours to tour around the whole palace however, Great Giant Buddha has a free entrance.


Tuk-Tuk Ride

Great Giant Buddha

Entrance to Grand Palace


Peak of Temples
Here are all my favorite gold shots inside The Grand Palace

 
 


at Grand Palace Bangkok





Just remember to bring a bottle of water and wear sunglasses as inside it's so hot, and you will walk for long hours to finish the tour inside. And for women, wear pants or long skirts (to cover your legs) as their rule. 


Day 8-10 (Phnom Penh Cambodia)

Phnom Penh Cambodia was the last country that I visited in my 10-day Solo Asian trip journey and I stayed at One Up Hotel Cambodia that only cost USD$50 per room per night for their Penthouse. One Up Hotel is more than an hour's drive from the airport. This hotel is strategically located in the middle of all the main tourist spots such as the Independence Monument, Royal Palace, and Silver Pagoda or just a few minute's walk.

One Up Hotel Cambodia Lobby




One Up Hotel Cambodia with Independence Monument View


The next day, I went to the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, and Independence Monument. Royal Palace has an entrance fee of USD$6, which you will have access too to Silver Pagoda.

The Royal Palace Phnom Penh Cambodia



The Silver Pagoda






Total Costing
USD$1,120.00 (Php55,000.00)
 Hotel Stays, Tours, Airport transfers and Flights 
(NOT including food and all other expenses)



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful blog :)

Unknown said...

nice blog and also great travel adventure....!!

Bali Driver said...

Great Blog and I Like your post
very amazing adventure you have there